How can I input data in an particular cell of excel sheet say Sheet 2 Cell : B5

For Example : I want to put number 124 from an table created into an excel sheet 2 cell B5 How can I do so

1 Like

@Paras welcome to the KNIME forum

This is only possible with the help of eg Python packages like openpyxl:

3 Likes

As @mlauber71 has said, the python route is possibly the main option available.

I was recently looking for something similar myself and did come across a component on the hub by @AnotherFraudUser (I hope you don’t mind me mentioning it here @AnotherFraudUser !) which I was able to make write to a specific starting cell, but I don’t know the status of this component, nor whether it could assist with your use case. This component can, for example take a data set and write to an existing XLSX file starting at a given column and row. I can see a use for it myself, but I don’t know whether it will help you.

6 Likes

Hi,

yes the write to template node should work for this use-case. Just set the column and row offset to the specific cell.

The node is more or less finished.
The only restriction the node currently has is that it does not support very large excels. Currently with a file size above ~5-10 MB it starts to consume massive amounts of ram (as there is no streaming there yet)

If there are any problems with the node - feel free to give me a note :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you for the quick reply @takbb. The solution worked for me Thank you once again.

2 Likes

Thank you @AnotherFraudUser it worked for me.

2 Likes

@mlauber71 Thank you for your reply.
I am not aware with Python packages but I got a node as mentioned by @takbb

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.