How can I write data into a certain tab on web?

Hi, I just downloaded KNIME and totally new to this program.

I’m trying to write data on web from a certain excel file.

I have an excel file and it contains 30 different values (such as measurements of a component).
I want to write 30 values into 30 blanks on a certain web.
We wrote this manually before we use KNIME and the curser can be moved by ‘tab’ key on keyboard.
(like we did when sign-in on web)
Now I understood how to write data in excel file using excel writer but I have no idea which kind of nodes I have to study and use.

Is it possible to write all the data by running KNIME after I put the curser on the first blank?
I’ve heard Python supports those kinds of key controlling function using Tkinter, but I’m not sure if there is such nodes that supports those kinds of functions.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Best regards,

Hi,

KNIME offers a wide range of nodes to perform typical Internet Information Retrieval tasks such as the Palladium nodes (https://www.knime.com/community/palladian) as well as the Selenium nodes (https://seleniumnodes.com/). The later ones allow you, for example, to simulate human interaction using your browser of choice.

Hope that helps,
Jeany

Hi, Jeany.

Thank you for the kind reply.

By the way, the web where I want to put data has security issue and actually it is not a form of web
but it is Oracle application.

So, It doesn’t seem like I can use web crawling that reads the information of the web such as ID, header or cookies and so on.

I’m just wondering if Selenium Nodes supports functions that could use human interaction such as reading the location of curser, writing data and pressing ‘tab’ key without reading web information.

Thank you for the cooperation.

Best regards,
Jongsun Shinn

Dear Jongsun Shinn,

I’m just wondering if Selenium Nodes supports functions that could use human interaction such as reading the location of curser, writing data and pressing ‘tab’ key without reading web information.

Yes, that’s possible (it’s basically what they are made for :slight_smile: ). All interaction happens through your locally running browser, so it’s entirely suitable for working with private / company internal applications (and in fact is also used by several customers in such environments).

There’s a free 30 day trial available, which you can get on the website, so you can evaluate if it’s a fit for you.

Feel free to ask questions in the “Palladian and Selenium” sub forum, or get in touch at mail@seleniumnodes.com

– Philipp

Disclaimer: I’m the author behind the Palladian and Selenium nodes.

1 Like