How do I work with this row based data?

Hi,
This is first time I am dealing with this type of data, can you please suggest how can I work with this row style data? I will really appreciate if you could attach knime workflow - newbie here.

This is Asknow platform data, and I guess I want to convert this row data into three column that I want to work,
Destination row (which is user name), Question, and Answer.

Please any help will be highly appreciated.

Here is an example of data:

Destination YA MOM ask.fm/abcd
Instagram abcd
Total Number of likes 3140
Total Number of answers 2764
location bangladesh
Today is 09-07-2014
Question If you could have dinner with any political figure’, ’ dead or alive’, ’ who would you pick?
Author
Answer n This guy<
Post date 30 days ago
Destination abcd
Question What do you think people should do more often?
Author
Answer Be nice
Post date 2 months ago
Destination abcd
Question huge opinion on me ty love u x x
Author /TheRuss
Answer n Teigan’, '… I LOVE YOU<
Post date 4 months ago

Hi there,

Here you are:

row_based_transform.knwf (32.7 KB)

:blush:

1 Like

Armin you’re genius… That’s exactly I wanted.
But can you take a look of attached workflow and see why this is giving me an error?

Row_Based_Data.knwf (1.1 MB)

1 Like

Hi @mcbenly

Your error occurs because not its not always the sequence Destination Question Answer. See screen print

gr. Hans

1 Like

Spot on Hans, Is there any efficient way to overcome this problem apart from manually deletion from the rows?

Also, how did you spot on this? I can see three extra columns on the right. Would you mind sharing node?

Hi @mcbenly

I think I fixed it. Check this wf Row_based_data_2.knwf (1.1 MB)

I was already working on a solution then fast @armingrudd replied first. With your data I ran an moving average (window=3). That should return a 2 on all columns (but didn’t).

2 Likes

Your both approaches are piece of art @HansS @armingrudd . I really liked your approaches. Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

You’re welcome @mcbenly. I did my best regarding your example.

Thanks @HansS.

Dear @mcbenly, I think you have to mark @HansS’s last reply as the solution.

:blush:

1 Like

You’re star @armingrudd …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.