How to change a node default settings when it is not listed in KNIME/Preferences ?

Dear all,

I was wondering if it was possible to modify a node default settings?

The idea is that I always use the same configuration for some nodes, so I would like to set them by default.

Let's say I always want to the SDF Reader node to extract the molecule name, how can I do this?

I could not find it in the Preferences/KNIME window.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Cheers,

Jose Manuel

This is not possible.

Dear thor,

thank you for your fast reply.

Is there any intent to make this possible in the future?

Thanks,

Jose Manuel

Currently we don't have any plans for this.

I agree that it would be kind of a cool feature. 

If one is good with Knime/Java programming I suspect one could make ones own node based on the existing source?

You can configure the node as you want it to be, and then wrap it as a component, and share that component in to your own local workspace, then in future you can simply drag that component in to any flow that you are building.
If you want to be extra fancy, you could recreate all the configuration options of the node that you’ve wrapped in this way, using configuration nodes with their default values set to whatever you prefer the defaults to be, that way if you find you need to change the values after all for a given instance, you can do so without having to replace the component with the native version.

You can also copy a configured node, store it as text, then copy that text to clipboard and paste the configured node / nodes back into a workflow.