how to change temp folder

Hello All,

I am using KNIME clustering workflow to cluster my input file (which is having 1000s of rows and 1000s of columns). While running the workflow, I am getting the following error:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Execute failed: Error while writing to buffer, file to write to file knime_container_20130103_*.bin.gz: No space left on device"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does it mean? Is it related to memory problem? If so, how can I overcome this?

How can I change the directory /tmp path to some other directory path?

Your replies are highly appreciated.

Warm regards

Fredrick.

Interesting that your tmp folder has "No space left". KNIME writes into this folder as soon as the data chunk reaches 100.000 cells (default) or starts running out of main memory which would result into a number of knime_container files in this directory? In order to change this path, go to File > Preferences > KNIME and select another path; restart KNIME to have the new directory be picked up. Hope this helps?

1 Like

Hello,

I am running a workflow on the server and I get the same error:

"ERROR Loop End 125:119: Execute failed: Error while writing to buffer, failed to write to file "knime_container_20170116_2974044718788407920.bin.gz": No space left on device"

What does it mean and how can I fix it?

I didn't understand from the previous answer, please give more details.

Thank you.