How to Connect to SAP Hana?

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to connect to SAP HANA? I tried going to the extensions page and was not able to find it. I looked at the Database Connector, but I am not seeing the JDBC connection or Driver. Does anyone have the drive and can share it with me? If no, any step by step guide to get this to work?

I looked at my SAP installation and I do not see the driver under the installation folder. I also installed dBeaver to try to get the drivers from there, but was unable to unpack the .JAR file.

I’d appreciate the help.

Thank you!

Hi @etorres,
welcome to the KNIME Forum! According to the SAP documentation the driver is part of the HANA Client installation. It should be named “ngdbc.jar”. Once you get the Jar file, you can register it in the KNIME preferences under KNIME -> Databases.
Kind regards
Alexander

2 Likes

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your reply. I was not able to find the ngdbc.jar on my computer, but was able to download the driver from DBeaver; however, I found the “ngdbc-2.4.64.jar” file. Not sure if this is the same. If not, any chance anyone can share the driver?

Using the suggested steps, I followed them using the driver I found and was not able to see that connection. See screenshots.

Hi there @etorres,

welcome to KNIME Community!

Here is a topic where you have nice explanation and steps how to connect to SAP Hana.

Additionally I see you mentioned Database Connector node. What KNIME version are you using?

Br,
Ivan

Hi there,

Please see attached. Current version (Oct 2019).KNIME

Hi @etorres,

then I suggest to use DB Connector node (that is the one from new DB framework) and follow steps from topic I linked.

If any questions/problems feel free to ask :slight_smile:

Br,
Ivan

any chance you have the drivers handy? The drivers I have are not being picked up even with that DB Connector.

Hi there @etorres,

don’t have driver and not sure if that driver is the right one. You can attach it here and I will give it a try.

You did restart KNIME after adding driver?

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin,

Thanks for your help! Attached is the driver.

ngdbc.zip (1.1 MB)

Hi @etorres,

driver works on my computer. After clicking Add from Databases page under Preferences, adding a driver and clicking Find driver classes I get following.

Then I populated ID and Name, successfully added driver after which I could see it in DB Connector node. Restart was not necessary.

After/If you preformed same steps and still don’t see your driver you can check your log file (…\knime-workspace.metadata\knime\knime.log) for additional info. Also you can share it here if no sensitive information in it and someone will take a look. Otherwise (if there is sensitive information in it) I will send you a PM where you can respond attaching your log file.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi @ipazin,

Thank you so much for the instructions. I was able to find the driver. However, I don’t mean to sound ignorant, but want to clarify the ID, Name, Description and URL Template would be information coming from Hana or is this simply a naming convention.

Again,

Thank you so much for your help. This is the first time setting up a driver for me.

1 Like

Hi there @etorres,

glad you made it! Regarding ID, Name and other information take a look at this paragraph in database documentation. It is very well explained. Probably I should have shared link to documentation earlier :slight_smile:

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.