How to connect to TABLEAU to get access to dashboards with KNIME

Good afternoon. I need help. How to connect to TABLEAU to get access to dashboards.

I want to get data from the dashboards. I really need help. Tell me please.

Hi @Nuke_Attokurov ,

welcome to the Forum!

Please check these examples published on KNIME Hub, where you can find hundreds of examples and workflows for your further projects as well.

Good luck!
Dora

1 Like

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I want to get access not to write data to tableau. I want to access the Source and deshboards inside tableau

Hi @Nuke_Attokurov -

Unfortunately I don’t believe this is possible, at least not without a lot of work. As part of the licensing for the Tableau API (which our current nodes use under the hood), Tableau only allows for one-way data transfer. That is, the nodes can send data TO Tableau, but not receive data FROM Tableau.

There way be a workaround for this involving Python and/or REST, but I’m not aware of a working example yet. Maybe someone else here in the community has given it a shot?

1 Like

I would assume you can use as already proposed by @ScottF python (or r / java ) snippet or a get request node with specific authentication header to access tableau server (details should be listed in their api documentation)
br

@Daniel_Weikert, pls can you help me to connect to tableau connect with java snippet?

I couldn’t figure out how the tableau API works.

I do not have access to Tableau Server right now but the documentation here might help you with that
Tableau Rest API
br

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.