How to read/write value in specify cell ?#excel

Hi all.
i’m wonder if there is any node or expression can read or wirte value into as specify cell
i mean if we know the coordinate like columnindex and rowindex
Thanks

@RubyWu you could use Python packages like openpyxl to manipulate Excel files like in this example:

4 Likes

Hi @RubyWu

Complementary to @mlauber71 information, may be next coming version (KNIME Analytics Platform Nightly Build 4.5.0) has a node to achieve that:

https://www.knime.com/nightly-build-changelog

AP-16621: Excel Cell Updater

I would be grateful too if a KNIME Team member could tell us a bit more about may be this incoming new node ?

Best

Ael

4 Likes

Hi @RubyWu,

In terms of writing to excel, you may also find the following thread of interest

6 Likes

Hi @mlauber71 , Thanks for the example, i 'm learning Python and it may take me some time to figure all the steps out
Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the info, looking forward/!!!

1 Like

Hi @takbb , Thanks for the solution. I use anther node from this package called . Great help,Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello @aworker ,
the Excel Cell Updater node will indeed allow you to write to a specific cell in an existing Excel Sheet and will be released with KNIME Analytics Platform 4.5 today :slight_smile:

The node input is a table with the cell coordinate to update and the value to write. In the node dialog you will select the Excel file to write to.

If you want to know more about the node check out the What’s new or come to the KNIME Release Data Talk this Thursday.

Let us know what you think about the node.

Bye
Tobias

6 Likes

Hi @tobias.koetter,

thanks for the info! :slight_smile:
Is there a default node in KNIME to handle the transform from a table/row to the required format for the Excel Cell Updater node?
I added a own transformation node to my extension but was wondering if I just missed something :thinking:

Anyways the Cell Updater is a great addition - I look forward to using it :+1:

2 Likes

Hi @tobias.koetter

Thanks for your prompt reply and for sharing with us these great news. I look forward to trying it and definitely will provide the forum with feedback.

Thanks again and looking forward too to participating this Thursday to the incoming KNIME Release Data Talks :smiley: !

Best regards,

Ael

3 Likes

Hello @AnotherFraudUser ,
on my list is a component that would help to transform a value table into the format required by the Excel Cell Updater node. Any help here is very welcome :slight_smile: The node also supports numeric coordinates e.g. 1:1 is cell A1 and 2:3 for cell B3 etc. to make it easier to automatically generate the cell coordinates.

We have an Excel Table Inserter node on the list for the next release that would allow you to insert a complete table and in the node dialog you would specify the top left corner where the table should be inserted to. For example, if you have an input table with 2 rows and 2 columns and you specify A1 as top left corner the values would be inserted into A1, A2, B1, B2. Please let me know if you have any other ideas or questions regarding these nodes.
Bye
Tobias

7 Likes

Hi @tobias.koetter .Many thanks for the explaination of this new node!~ Looking forward for the release talk~!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.