How to replace the values of one file with those of another file based on a common attribute?

How to replace the values of one file with those of another file based on a common attribute?
Example:
FILE A: column 1 (Material); column 2 (Date); column 3 (Forecast value)
FILE B: column 1 (Material); column 2 (Date); column 3 (Actual orders)
i would like to replace (for each combination Material-Date) the cells of column 3 (FILE A) when i have Actual orders in the FILE B, otherwise keep the Forecast value.
Thanks in advance
here i attached an example

I typically do this kind of thing by using the Joiner node. Try joining by Material and Date with a 3 split outputs activated so you can see what is happening with the data more easily. Then you can combine the desired outputs back into a single list using concatenate.

It looks like a simple outer join to me (but there could always be some inner join matches in your full data). For an outer join you should be able to either concatenate the bottom 2 separate outputs from a joiner node that was split to 3 outputs, or just try to select an outer join in the joiner node without splitting the outputs to see if it gets your desired results in 1 node. I would still start by splitting into 3 outputs just to make sure that there are no inner joins matches which should be included as well.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I solve it as you sad with Joiner node and after I used Column expression to get the results column.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.