How to run interactive R Plots

Hi,

I use a lot of R View(s) in my workflows. There are some really nice interactive R packages like SunburstR or visNetwork. I can not get them to work within the RView node - plot() or print() doesn't work. If I understand correctly the plot window of the RView node does not allow interactive diagrams. However, if I run the Eval Script in edit mode the browser opens and shows the diagrams correctly and interactively. Is there a way to invoke the browser on purpose as the destination for plot?

Thanks, Jerry

Hi Jerry, 

If I understand correctly the plot window of the RView node does not allow interactive diagrams.

Yes, that is correct. We get the plot as a png image after the script has run and display it in the "Show Plot" window.

However, if I run the Eval Script in edit mode the browser opens and shows the diagrams correctly and interactively.

Is this in the R node dialog? If I understand correctly, the browser being opened is probably specific to one of the R packages and I would therefor recommend consulting the documentation of those packages instead.

Regards, Jonathan.

Thanks Jonathan, sounds plausible.

Best regards, Jerry