how to set REST node concurrency and delay parameters

Hi

I’m using the REST nodes, POST, GET and DELETE Request to call workflows running on the KNIME server. I would like to understand what settings is recommended with regards to the concurrency, delay and timeout settings.

We are using this to replace the Call Remote Workflow node to have better control over the parameters. Several workflows may be running on the server, and each may be calling the “remote workflow”.

Best

David

Hi there!

If I may ask what is problem with controlling parameters with Call Remote Workflow?

Have you tried Call Workflow (Table Based) node?

Br,
Ivan

when you bring up a workflow, all parameters using quickform nodes are exposed. There is no scroll bar to be able to choose them if it goes past a page, and there is no ordering. This means that if you use wrapped node templates in the workflow, and they have quick form nodes to create configuration choices for that template, then they are all exposed. The problem is then two fold. The first as mentioned is that there can be so many parameters exposed that it is hard to identify the parameter you actually want to set externally. The second is that if the configuration in a metanode template is changed and the parameter names are different, then the Call Remote Workflow will try to set a non-existent parameter and cause the node to fail.

The Call local workflow is better in that it has a scroll bar, and so can be used to find the relevant parameter is the list is past a screen size. However, the problem with changing quickform based configurations in wrapped metanode templates is the same.

Hope this clarifies the issue.

Best

David

Hi!

Sure does. Have you tried node Call Workflow (Table Based)? With this node you can also call Server workflows. Maybe he will do better :wink:

If not good luck with REST nodes.

Br,
Ivan