How to simplify selection of curves in chart?

Thanks to support of @AlexanderFillbrunn I was able to create a chart with weather data over years How to create graphic from weather data?
That weather data consists of monthly values (temperature, rain and longtime average data for temperature and rain.
The chart is created with a line Plot and I’v seen it is interactive. So it allows me to select any of the curves. That’s ok. But If I want to see the data for January I need to select temp (Jan), LTA temp(Jan), rain(Jan) and LTA rain(Jan), That’s quite nasty and comes with many wrong clicks.
All curves are named with “+x” (with x the maonth from 1 to 12). Is there some option to select in the chart just the month and display the relevant data for it?

Hi,
if you click on the menu button on the chart’s top-right, you are able to select the columns you want to display. Additionally, you can use the Column Rename node to give the lines better names, if you want. You can also put two line plots inside a component and display them next to each other: one for rain, one for temp.
Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like

Hello @AlexanderFillbrunn, thanks for pointing me to this interactive use.
The nasty thing of this interaction is that I need to click on multiple columns to get the full set to be displayed. E.g. to get all January data I have to select temp (Jan), LTA temp(Jan), rain(Jan) and LTA rain(Jan) as mentioned above.
That’s opening the menue, four clicks to choose the data colums and close the menue.
My wish and hope would be to simplify the use and to reduce this to just one click. Select the month and all columns are choosen (e.g by the name “(Jan)”).
If that is not possible, I will have to live with the actual situation.

Hi,
Is this purely on the Analytics Platform or are you developing this workflow for the KNIME WebPortal? If the latter is the case, you can have another component before the one with the graph that allows the user to select the month they want to view. Then you can add a column filter that is configured with the user input and pass the result to the actual plotting component. If the user should be able to do this multiple times, you can put the two components into a loop.
Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.