How to visualize and/or obtain an outiline/list of all the nodes used in same workflow?

Hi,

I am working many days in a workflow and I don't have an overview of which nodes (and how many of them) are being use througout the workflow. Does anyone now ways to generate in Knime a list or outiline reporting all the nodes used in same workflow?

Many thanks in advance,

Cadu

Hi

I don't know if you can summarise this information. You could write a workflow to look through your workspace folder and list which workflow has what node and how many times based on the folder names. 

Or you could read in the workflow.knime file and parse this with XPATH to get the node details.

Cheers

Sam

Cadu,

My approach so far was to use the "List files" node on the workspace (or workflow) folder and to parse the file paths returned. Depending on how deeply nested your workflow are this can be a pain, though. Therefore swebb's XPATH query approach might actually work out better.

Cheers

E

Hi,

Thanks everybody for answering!!!

I could follow your instructions partially and I would appreciate your further help to understand how to XPATH.

I've attached the workflow I created, which is constituted by:

list files=> column to XML => XPath

a) Are these nodes the right ones?

b) How could I set XPath in order to obtain an outiline/list of all the nodes used in the workflow?

Thanks again!

Cadu

Ah, XPATH was for use with the workflow.knime file. 

So you would use an XML reader as load the file {your workspace}\{your workflow}\workflow.knime. 

You can then use XPATH to extract the  <config key="nodes"> elements and so on. I'm not familiar enough with XPATH to give you any more detailed help I'm affraid. 

This website may help: http://www.w3schools.com/xpath/

Cheers

Sam