Images in KNIME.

Will KNIME be able to read and display images? I saw something about the Cell Miner but its just in the experimental phase. I was wondering if KNIME would be able to do analysis on the data associated with the images along with the image display. It will be great if someone could throw a light on this.

Thanks.
Kasthuri

I came to know about the BIRT reporting....but then how do I read in an image file, say a .jpg?

Thanks.
Kasthuri

Hello,
an image plugin for KNIME has been developed and will be released in the next version. You will be able to read gif,jpg and bmp Images, process them with basic operations, to compute some features and to write the images to a directory.

Regards

Nicolas

Nicolas wrote:
Hello,
an image plugin for KNIME has been developed and will be released in the next version. You will be able to read gif,jpg and bmp Images, process them with basic operations, to compute some features and to write the images to a directory.

Regards

Nicolas

This would be great. I am looking forward for it. Thanks. May I know when is the next version expected ?

-Kasthuri

For everybody else:
I have sent a beta-version of the image plugin to kasthuri. If you're interested in testing the image plugin and to provide some feedback as well, drop me an email:
nicolas.cebron(at)uni-konstanz.de

- Nicolas

Has the image processing stuff made it into a release yet?

No, unfortunately not. We are still in discussions with the supporter of that
particular development project to clearly define which nodes can make it into
the open source release.
Very likely an early version will show up on our labs pages before it will become
part of the solid release, though. We are hoping that this will happen sometime
in April/early May but its a bit outside of our control, unfortunately.

Michael