Implementing C++ function into KNIME

Hello,

I have a function that extracts certain contents from SD files, and it is written in C++.  I would like to implement this in KNIME as a plug-in.  However, I am new to KNIME.  I've been looking through seveal documents/examples of how to create new nodes, but still have difficulties in doing this.  Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Patra

Hi Patra,

welcome to KNIME. I am not an expert in C++ but you could use libraries like JNIEasy to bind C++ functionality. Regarding node development I would advise you to look at existing nodes (most plugins come with source code) or build a very simple node using the tutorials provided.

If you have a specific question, please feel free to ask. It is also probably best to move the thread to the 'KNIME Developers' forum.

Stephan

Your first problem is interfacing to C/C++ code from Java which is certainly not easy. I have done it the JNI-way with at lot of help from SWIG - still it is ridiculously complicated.

I would recommend that you take a look at ctypes4j. Looks very promising, and if it really makes it as easy as in Python then it will be a walk in the park compared to JNI.

http://ctypes4j.sourceforge.net/tutorial.htm

Cheers

-- Jan Holst Jensen