Improvement suggestion for "Database Writer" and "Database Update" nodes

Hello KNIME Developers,

Currently, I would like to insert data into database with my proper SQL command lines. Unfortunately, it is not possible to insert SQL statements into "Database Writer" or "Database Update" nodes (what already exists in "Database Reader" node).

I believe that this minor modification gives you the opportunity to greatly improve your database management nodes. This can offer the possibility to increase significantly the fields of applications in the future database management systems.

Thank you for considering my views.

Regards,

Baptiste CANAULT

Hello Baptiste,

thanks a lot for your valuable feedback. We will have a look into this but it is not as easy as it might seem. In contrast to the query nodes the manipulation nodes do perform several tasks e.g. checking if the table exists etc. and they also use prepared statements to insert the data faster.

We will also look into developing a new node that will allow you to write your own statements and that can access data from an input table. For each row the value placeholder would be replaced by the acual values and the statement would be executed. Would this also solve your problem?

Thanks,

Tobias

Hello Tobias,

I have found a temporary solution.

Indeed, that would be great ! I am looking forward to this with interest.

Thank you very much,

Kind regards,

Baptiste