Improvements

Dear Knime Developers.

First of all, let me start by saying that Knime is a great tool. I've been using it for over 6 months, and I'm still amazed by it.

But  there are a few general improvements that IMHO would make the day-to-day life as a Knime user even better.

• allow me to always configure a node. (defer the check of the configuration to runtime)

There are many, many times where Knime just doesn't allow me to change anything inside a node, sometimes it even blocks me from just seeing the current configuration.
    Especially in really complex workflows with db access, switches and loops, this is very, very frustrating.
    e.g. if I want to edit a Java snippet in a flow that is disabled by an empty table switch, I need to somehow force the workflow to re-enable that part so I can edit it.

• more types for flow variables: I would like to see Long and Date.

• some indication in the Console Log about which node is logging a warning/error.

• Reporting:
    • fix the datetime being passed as string to Birt.
    • allow report nodes inside metanodes (now they're only allowed at the top level of the workflow)
  • Make the quick insert modeless. I can search a node very fast, but I always need to close the popup window before I can do anything else.

If you could already fix the first one, that would make me a very happy camper ;)

Tim

PS: do you have something like a db of requested features and bugs? something like Jira?

Thanks, Tim. Great feedback which we have added to our -  still internal - tracking system. Some of the feature requests are already in the system, and at least the Console view will be fixed with 2.12.