Dear Knime Developers.
First of all, let me start by saying that Knime is a great tool. I've been using it for over 6 months, and I'm still amazed by it.
But there are a few general improvements that IMHO would make the day-to-day life as a Knime user even better.
- allow me to always configure a node. (defer the check of the configuration to runtime)
There are many, many times where Knime just doesn't allow me to change anything inside a node, sometimes it even blocks me from just seeing the current configuration.
Especially in really complex workflows with db access, switches and loops, this is very, very frustrating.
e.g. if I want to edit a Java snippet in a flow that is disabled by an empty table switch, I need to somehow force the workflow to re-enable that part so I can edit it.
- more types for flow variables: I would like to see Long and Date.
- some indication in the Console Log about which node is logging a warning/error.
- fix the datetime being passed as string to Birt.
- allow report nodes inside metanodes (now they're only allowed at the top level of the workflow)
- Make the quick insert modeless. I can search a node very fast, but I always need to close the popup window before I can do anything else.
If you could already fix the first one, that would make me a very happy camper ;)
PS: do you have something like a db of requested features and bugs? something like Jira?