Installed nodes going missing

Hi,

The Excel reader node appears to be missing from the node repo, even though it’s installed. Loading a workflow that requires it throws an error, and when I get KNIME to check for the required plugin I get the following error:

Cannot complete the request. See the error log for details.
“KNIME Excel Support” will be ignored because it is already installed.

I’ve had this problem with other nodes before, such as all the REST nodes and the JSON handling nodes. Those are OK for the moment, but the Excel node isn’t.

I’m running KNIME on a mac. It’s a 3.7.0 nightly but I had the same problem with 3.6.1, which is why I upgraded.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

HI @rsherhod -

Sorry for the delayed response. Have you tried restarting KNIME using the -clean option in knime.ini? This has resolved the problem in some cases for other users.

If that doesn’t work, could you attach your error log?

Thanks!

Running the -clean command didn’t help, unfortunately. I still can’t see the Excel reader node in the Repository.
Attached are my .log and knime.log files from my workspace. If there are any other logs you need, let me know.

I assume ‘poi’ refers to https://poi.apache.org/ ( Apache POI - the Java API for Microsoft Documents)

Looks like you have some unresolved dependencies preventing the bundle with the excel reader being loaded maybe?

I would try uninstalling the extension and re-installing it.

Hi @rsherhod,

As @swebb is saying, there seems to be a dependency problem. The easiest way to fix this is to uninstall and re-install KNIME AP. This should definitely fix it.
The KNIME Excel support extension cannot be uninstalled seprately since it belongs to the default installation of KNIME AP.

Simon

1 Like