Interactive JS Nodes On Different Tables

Let me explain what I’m trying to do. Im sure it can be done I just can’t figure out how.

1. I have a table with customers showing in a table view node.
  2. When user selects a custom in that table, I want the table below to show me all the videos they rented.

So because these are two different tables without matching rowid’s I can’t see how to do this with publish/selection events.

Hello @scottrichardmcleod_yahoo.com,

do you need to show both tables in view? If not you can simply use Interactive Value Filter Widget node before second table and define customer name column (I guess you have it in second table) as filter column.

Br,
Ivan

I have been experimenting with various permutations of that node without success. I’m surprised I can’t find any examples of interactivity like this in the HUB. So I attached a simple workflow with two small tables that demonstrates trying to have the section of customerid in one table viewer and alter the records of the matching customerid in the lower table viewer.

Aslo if there are some good hub examples, I’m not finding a lot of samples on interactivity such as publication, selection and filtering events. I’d like to get more familiar with the concepts.
Scotts Sample 10.knwf (892.7 KB)

Hello @scottrichardmcleod_yahoo.com,

so this is possible if you use Joiner and enable hiliting functionality. (tnx @Iris)
Check it out and if any questions feel free to ask.
Scotts Sample 10_ipazin.knwf (893.4 KB)

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.