Interactive relation between two values

Hello to all,

I need the user can select from 2 list/tables 2 values and create the following:

Table 1
Row1
B
C
D
E

Table 2
Row 1
A20
A50
A30
A80

a possible Result table based on user selection:

Row1 Row 2
B A20
C A50
E A80

I was thinking for the manual user selection to use a widget.

Could you help me?

Hello @plati ,

one node you can use is the table editor, but I don’t know if it is exactly what you need to do.

Let’s assume you have table 1 as defined above by you. The user is asked to fill in a second column with values specified in table 2.

• Do you want the selection to be unique, meaning that once you select a value it will not be available for any further row?
  • Do you want the user to be able to fill in a cell with a value not present in table 2?

Help me answering to these questions, then we will think about possible solutions.

Have a nice day,
Raffaello

1 Like

Hello @Ielloba.

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking in provide values on table 1 & 2 to the user. After it, they may able to correlate values as they want & create the table result mentioned.

• Do you want the selection to be unique, meaning that once you select a value it will not be available for any further row?
    Selection must be unique.

• Do you want the user to be able to fill in a cell with a value not present in table 2?.No, value must be part of the values provided on the existing tables.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks,

Hello @plati ,

in this workflow there are two possible solutions to your problem.

The first one computes all combinations between your columns and asks you to select some. At the bottom you will find a “Refresh” button; if you click it and the message is “Ok”, all combinations are unique; if you get “Error”, it means something is not correctly set. Important information: inside the component, you will find a Table Editor node. Before using this solution, make sure to tick all options, otherwise it won’t work.

• PROs: easier for few combinations; user doesn’t have to type
  • CONs: the important note above; ok for low number of combinations

Alternative 2 asks the user to edit the combinations visible by default. Also here you will find a yellow button for a uniqueness check.

• PROs: more robust; better for higher number of combinations
  • CONs: typing

These solutions are still rough, but a least we can better understand if this can work. Sorry for the late reply.

Have a nice evening,
Raffaello