Interactive selection on the same table

Hi,

I need to select 2 rows within the same table but the first selection should remove the selected row so that it cannot be selected twice.

Can I do that using 2 table view nodes in the same component? My attempts are not successful so far…

Thanks,

Regards,

Claire

2 Likes

Hi Claire,

I don’t fully understand your question. Can you explain more? You HAVE to select 2 rows in two different selections? Why don’t you select them at once?
Please upload your workflow.
And about 2 table view nodes in same component, check this:

Mehrdad

2 Likes

Hi Mehrdad,
The table I use contains only one column (column names from the Extract table spec node). Based on the selected names I want to swap data in these 2 columns: values in column A are replaced with value from column B. It is a mapping table. Therefore, I cannot do the selection in the same table. The same column name cannot be selected twice.
Regards,
Claire

Hi Claire,

You want something like this?:
KNIME_project5.knwf (11.7 KB)

1 Like

Hi Mehrdad,

Well, in the second view I would like to get all rows from previous view with the exception of the selected one.
In your exemple, I have a,b,c,d entries in the first view. If I select b, I would like to get only a,c,d in the second view.
I select only one entry in each view.

Thanks,
Cl

2 Likes

Hi Claire,

So it worked for you?

Or I’m missing something?
Please note that in first view all the values are in Include table at starting, and you have to select your value by transferring it to Exclude table.
Let me know if it’s what you are looking for.

Br,
Mehrdad

1 Like

Hi Mehrdad,
Yes, it does the job for the second selection (I got the selected row using the ‘true’ value). But for the 1st selected value how do I get the excluded value (which is in fact the value I should keep for further processing)?
Well, I have implemented a workaround actually. I am using 2 list boxes and put code behind. Not perfect but it works….
Thanks a lot for your help. I will keep your example for future use.
Regards,
Claire

1 Like

Hi Claire,

Use filter apply and reference row filter and in reference row filter’s config select Exclude rows from reference table.

BTW I know excluding staff is not a very clean way but you can write a description for it.

GL,
Mehrdad

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.