Interface glitches

hi!
after updating knime, i got super strange empty spaces in the window. they do not go away if i try to move some interface elements into them (like node repository, or outline, or workflow). in fact, when i tried to drag the workflow into one, it doubled. now i have two non-functional empty spaces that i cannot remove get rid of.

before, when dragged into such empty space, the window would have filled all of it, and now i am able only to split it into 2 parts.

uninstalling knime and installing it back did not help.

my screen is not very large, and i would really appreciate some help with this issue.

regards,
lana.

Hi @al.savich -

Have you tried resetting the perspective? (View → Reset Perspective from the top menu).

Barring that, could you try starting KNIME with a new workspace to see if that resolves the problem?

1 Like

hi @ScottF,
thank you for your reply!
unfortunately, neither of the proposed solutions helped, I still have this (2 empty spaces above the “welcome” tab, and 1 on the right to it):

Hello @al.savich,

you have performed update from 4.3.1 to 4.3.2? What OS are you running on?

I would try uninstall/install process again but make sure to choose different workspace directory.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

hi @ipazin and @ScottF,
thank you for your responses! i need to confess that i understood @ScottF 's “starting knime with a new workspace” as “switch workspace to new and then back” (thinking it may reset the old one somehow) - in the new one i had no empty spaces, but they still were in the old one.
so i guess my problem is solved, and all i need is to move all my wokrflows to the new workspace.
thank you very much for your help. i am very sorry for misunderstanding.

regards,
-lana.

2 Likes

Hello @al.savich,

no problem. Glad to hear you have KNIME screen without awkward empty spaces :wink:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.