Is it possible to create different set of reports , to analyse the different set of data from one data source ?

I am feeding data to KNIME as 1 data source and at the end after processing the data with few nodes, now i want to divide data in different sets based on some condition and see which set has more error and which has less error percentage. how can we achieve this in KNIME?

With the “Rule-based Row Splitter” you should be able to do that

2 Likes

HI there!

Welcome to KNIME Community Forum!

If you have a lot of different sets you would like to evaluate I suggest assigning a number to each group based on condition using Rule Engine node and then loop over it using Group Loop Start node. Finish it with Loop End node that will concatenate all the results :wink:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Thanks a lot Ivan.

Since I am new to this I may have silly doubts, but just wanted to know why can’t we use simple GroupBy node create groups??

Hi there!

Doubts are just fine. You are free to ask questions :wink:

If your data set already has a grouping column(s) and you can get error percentage you are looking for using some aggregation method offer in GroupBy node then you can do it with this node. Otherwise you need additional logic and nodes :slight_smile:

If it would help I can create and share an example workflow with both approaches.

Additionally there is KNIME Hub were you can search for nodes and example workflows which can be really helpful at the beginning and later on as well :smiley:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Thanks a lot Ivan.:slight_smile:

It would be of great help if you can share example workflows.:slight_smile:
And yes meanwhile I 'll go through example workflows on KNIMe Hub.

1 Like

Hi there!

Here is example workflow. Explanations are inside. If any questions feel free to ask. Hope it will help :wink:
2019_05_08_Group_calculation_without_and_with_Loop.knwf (20.9 KB)

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Thanks a ton Ivan . These example workflows are really helpful for the complete understanding.
So once my output is ready, I want to send the workflow output through email, I have tried using Send email node for this , but the node takes flow variable as input and not the generic input. Can you explain me how can I use this send email node to send the workflow output/report in email.

Hi there!

You are welcome.
For reporting with Send Email node check this Forum topic where it is covered pretty well I think:

Just two general things to mention:

• if question is not connected to topic open a new one cause of organizational purposes and better usability for all of us (this is partly connected so no need to open a new)
  • forum has a search engine which I find very useful - actually I have found topic I linked above using it (and I remembered who provided solution as well so it was a bit easier :smiley: ). Anyways in the right top corner there is a search sign so try it out. Maybe you will find a better answer to your question as there has been a lot of topics about it :wink:

Br,
Ivan

Thanks Ivan:), will go through the shared link.
Yea I thought of starting a new thread for this question but then it was related to reporting, so I put the question in the same thread.and yes, I will follow the rule, off topic questions in different thread.:slight_smile:)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.