Is it possible to do a frequency analysis for a non periodic analog signal in KNIME?

Hello all,

i have a few signals simliar to the following data set. My goal is now to do a Frequency Analysis to compare them to each other. Faster fidgeting signals should be distinguishable from less fast fidgeting signals and should be evaluated accordingly. I tried it with the FFT Node but never made it work properly…

Data.xlsx (23.3 KB)

Anyone has an idea or a different approach maybe?

Thank You!

BR Joris

Hi @Jorisr10

I’ve never used this FFT node of AI Associates before, but I noticed in the description it expects a power of 2 as input columns (2, 4, 8, 16, …). Your dataset contains just 1 column.
The description suggests to use their Window Slider node to make a matrix with the correct number of columns.

I left all the configuration of the AI Associates nodes default and the next very simple workflow runs smoothly and it gives output.

I don’t know if it’s useful to you, since these nodes are all new to me. Maybe it helps you to get on the right track.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.