Is "Parameterized DB Query Reader" really a replacement for "Database Looping"?

In recent KNIME versions >= 4 there are new database nodes. There is an old “legacy” node “database looping” where you can “inject” a table in the query: I use it for putting a lot of IDs into the where condition of a sql query so that I do not have get all the data but only the needed data.

According to https://docs.knime.com/2019-06/db_extension_guide/index.html the replacement for “database looping” is “Parameterized DB Query Reader”. But this node expects (all) data from the database. So it seems to my that I have to to a query to fetch all the data and then do the “parameterized query”. But I see no point in that for my use case since I can access that data only after the query.

Do I have understood this node in a wrong way? Is there a possibily to do a “parameterized query” on a database and not on the data of a database?

1 Like

I do not understand KNIME developers either. To me DB Looping puts small array of parameters in the in () clause. This is exactly what I need and it works fast. For Parameterized DB Query Reade every parameter looks through hole database for every parameter. Slow and irrelevant.

Does anybode have a solution besides using the old / legacy nodes?

Look here:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.