Issue/Bug: Call Local/Remote Workflow (row based) only works with legacy quickforms

It seems that Call Local/Remote Workflow (row based) only work with legacy Quick form nodes like String Input. If I use a String configuration, there is nothing displayed in when clicking on “Load Input format”.

1 Like

Hi there @beginner,

you are right but not sure it is bug. Think Container Input (Variable) is node intended for passing variables. Would that work in your case?

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

I will have to try it out. I would like to be able to use the “base” workflow stand-alone with user inputs but also call it. The main reason for using the “call workflow nodes” is to get back the report (as pdf) and send it to a selected list of users. I’m not sending back any data.

EDIT: It seems the Container Input (Variable) doesn’t work at all with Call workflow (Row based)

1 Like

Hi @beginner,

what do you mean doesn’t work? You don’t see variable or? Here is picture from Call Local Workflow (Row Based) node:

CallLocWfRow

Br,
Ivan

The documentation on these nodes is pretty poor and now seeing your example (how the json needs to be structured) probably explains why it didn’t work but to get there often a lot of trial&error is needed.

Hi,

haven’t structured JSON myself. It is default. Will check a bit more and get back to you.

Br,
Ivan

Hi there @beginner,

just to add info on this one. No bug here. This is just how it was developed at the time. When there was no Container nodes quickform nodes were supported in Call Local/Remote Workflow (Row Based) nodes. Call Workflow (Table Based) is newer and there are only Container nodes supported.

Br,
Ivan

OK, then make it a feature request so it also works with the new configuration nodes which in my opinion seems totally reasonable and supports simple setup as before. In my case the “called” workflow can and is also used standalone while that is completely transparent,

2 Likes

Hi there @beginner,

feature request created! (Internal reference: AP-14404)

Sry it took a while.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.