Issue using the Send to Power BI node - Maximum number of requests exceeded in time window

I am getting the following message when the node reaches ~50k rows.
ERROR Send to Power BI 0:1693 Execute failed: Error: Maximum number of requests exceeded in time window. Please retry later
Is there a limitation to 50 000 rows? Or am I doing someting wrong?

In the meanwhile, I found the following on

Power BI REST API limitations

To POST Rows

• 75 max columns
  • 75 max tables
  • 10,000 max rows per single POST rows request
  • 1,000,000 rows added per hour per dataset
  • 5 max pending POST rows requests per dataset
  • 120 POST rows requests per minute per dataset
  • If table has 250,000 or more rows, 120 POST rows requests per hour per dataset
  • 200,000 max rows stored per table in FIFO dataset
  • 5,000,000 max rows stored per table in ‘none retention policy’ dataset
  • 4,000 characters per value for string column in POST rows operation

With my 57000 row dataset, 6 columns, the only limitation I see being exceeded is the 5 pending POST requests (of 10000 rows per request) per dataset which seems not to be managed by the node.
Is it a bug or a feature? :wink:
Even if this is corrected at some time, the other limitations like 1M rows per hour seem to restrict the potential use cases.
@samuelVermeulen

1 Like

Hi @szawadski,

Thank you for your report! We are aware of the API limitations and are currently working on making the node more robust against them.

Right now the node is sending a fixed amount of rows (400 to limit the size of the request body) per request which can lead to many POST rows requests. Therefore, I think that you are hitting the maximum number of POST rows request per minute per dataset. This can be fixed by sending more rows per request without letting the request body get too big. I already implemented the fix and it only needs to be reviewed and tested and should be released with 4.1.1.

Sadly we cannot do anything about the 1M rows per hour limitation. If you have more than 1M rows you probably need to use the chunk loop and let the workflow run for multiple hours :confused:.

Best
Benjamin

4 Likes

Hi @szawadski,

The fix is released. If you update your KNIME AP 4.1.0 you should be able to send more rows. The number of rows that is transmitted per request does now depends on the size of the request body. I just sent 500,000 rows with 6 columns successfully.

Let me know if it works for you.

Best
Benjamin

2 Likes

Thanks for the good news. As soon as we have access to the official release, we will retest it.
Do you know when the 4.1.1 release will be available?

Hey @szawadski,

KNIME 4.1.1 is not released yet but the fix is officially released on the KNIME update site. If you select “File -> Update KNIME…” it will be installed. The 4.1.1 release is scheduled for early February.

Best
Benjamin

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.