Issue with JavaScript views after the latest KNIME update

I have no doubts that something is wrong on my side as no one else reported this issue, but anyway I need a good advice.
Java views (especially components) now loading extremely slowly and sometimes I even had to stop the process as nothing happens for minutes. I tried changing preferences (browsers) but with no luck.
The most disturbing that the effect is not permanent and appears unexpectedly no matter the workflow itself, the complexity of the view or the memory load.
First the effect appeared soon after the latest update of KNIME.
Please give me a hint what should I try to solve the problem – my favorite and well-tested KNIME workflows don’t work…

Hi @DmitryIvanov76 , I’m not sure what’s causing this for you. On my side, if anything, the javascript views load much faster with Knime 4.5.

1 Like

Hi Bruno!
I have no doubts that this is something with my configuration of KNIME, but anyway I’m sad :slight_smile: Thinking about reinstalling KNIME and Java.

1 Like

Hi @DmitryIvanov76 . I haven’t got a solution for you, but if it is any consolation, I am experiencing the same problems. Something changed in the way the components behave around the time of 4.5, but possibly a short while beforehand. Wish I had kept a note of the date in case it related to a windows update. Anyway I will keep looking for answers and will post back if I find anything.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your interest in my matter!
It is not related with Win 11 update as I made it in a week after the problem with Java views appeared.

What I’ve mentioned on my side that the effect is getting worse during the time I use KNIME (i.e. first 2-3 times I open views - they work, then delays become obvious and finally, somewhere around 6-7 view they stuck). Reloading KNIME I have 2-3 views and then the circle repeats. Workflows themselves work perfectly with no delays. I expected issues with the memory but this assumption was wrong. Reinstalled Java - no improvement.
By now I switched to external reports instead of component views, but it is inconvenient for sure. Still searching for solution :frowning:
Have a great day and marvelous season!

@DmitryIvanov76

we fixed some problems related to JS Views with the last two bugfix releases, so we wanted to check if your problem still exits?

4 Likes

Dear Iris, thank you very much!

KNIME works perfect now - no issues for a month or two. I thought that something was wrong with my system so I didn’t report earlier.

Have a nice day and thanks again for your outstanding work!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.