Issue with the External Tool (Labs) node

I am running on a mac.

upon knime startup a tmp folder is created:
/var/folders/Gq/Gq62M5EPGsGLzlc3lA7L+U+++TI/-Tmp-/test_20121203_13545521094011

Everything set up in the node, but executing it i see:
ERROR     External Tool (Labs)     Execute failed: Can't access 'file:/var/folders/Gq/Gq62M5EPGsGLzlc3lA7L+U+++TI/-Tmp-/bash_20121204_13546111635485/output/port0.csv'. (/var/folders/Gq/Gq62M5EPGsGLzlc3lA7L+U+++TI/-Tmp-/bash_20121204_13546111635485/output/port0.csv (No such file or directory))

note that the tmp folder is different.

The normal External Tool node, though less flexible, does work as expected.

Hello, 

The External Tool (Labs) node is a bit funky in several ways.  My guess is that you will need to explicitly call your command in the bash environment.  Try the following:

bash -c "*the command you were using before*"

Post back if this works for you and I'll open a corresponding ticket.

Regards,

Aaron

I have the same problem. KNIME 2.7.4 on Linux FC18 64bit here. The `bash -c` workaround does not work here with the command either quoted or unquoted.

The problem appears to be that it does not really create the files it apparently needs to store the in and out value tables.

When I let it generate its own file names, it just does not find them.

When I enter a file name or path, it prepends the home directory of the KNIME application to whatever I enter in the fiel fields. So if I enter '~/tmp/tempfile', it interprets that as '/path/to/knime/~/tmp/tempfile'.

Some log lines from the console:

*** Welcome to KNIME v2.7.4.0037183 - the Konstanz Information Miner ***
*** Copyright, 2003 - 2012, Uni Konstanz and KNIME GmbH, Germany ***
Log file is located at: /home/rd0002/sw/knime/workspace/.metadata/knime/knime.log
WARN Execution Execution on chunk 0 failed: java.io.IOException: Can't access 'file:/home/rd0002/sw/knime/blorfl_out'. (/home/rd0002/sw/knime/blorfl_out (No such file or directory))
WARN Execution Execution on chunk 1 failed: java.io.IOException: Can't access 'file:/home/rd0002/sw/knime/blorfl_out'. (/home/rd0002/sw/knime/blorfl_out (No such file or directory))
WARN Execution Execution on chunk 2 failed: java.io.IOException: Can't access 'file:/home/rd0002/sw/knime/blorfl_out'. (/home/rd0002/sw/knime/blorfl_out (No such file or directory))
ERROR External Tool (Labs) Execute failed: Failed on all chunks, last error: Can't access 'file:/home/rd0002/sw/knime/blorfl_out'. (/home/rd0002/sw/knime/blorfl_out (No such file or directory))
WARN Execution Execution on chunk 0 failed: java.lang.Exception: Failed with exit code 126
WARN Execution Execution on chunk 1 failed: java.lang.Exception: Failed with exit code 126
WARN Execution Execution on chunk 2 failed: java.lang.Exception: Failed with exit code 126
ERROR External Tool (Labs) Execute failed: Failed on all chunks, last error: Failed with exit code 126