Issues with catching an error in a loop

Hello all,

as depict in the screenshot, I am using a loop to let the file reader download a csv file based on a URL. Unfortunately not all Downloads are working, therefore I want to skip the errors. But the version I build is not working, any Idea why?

Thanks for your help!

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

the problem is that our try catch node can only catch errors during execution, but the node checks alreardy during configure if the file exists. Hence the exception can not be found within the loop.

There are two poss workarounds: there is the file meta info node. This will tell you if the file exists. But I am not sure if this works for remote URLs. The alternative is to check the existence with a java snippet. 

Let me know if you need a workflow, I already did this once but would need to search for the workflow (And maybe clean it to make it usable)

Cheers, Iris 

Hi Iris,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it did not work with the file meta info node and I have no idea how to do it with the Java snippet. If it is not too much effort for you, it would be nice to give me your workflow :)

Thanks in advance!

Ralph