Java 1.6.0_29 causes KNIME to crash?

sudo chown -R -H zachlym:staff /Applications/knime/
sudo chmod -R -H 777 /Applications/knime/

This fixed it for me. Cheers.

Thanks for the great work in getting 2.5.2 released.

2.5.2 still appears to exhibit the problem with this JVM version - do you have an ETA for when there might be a KNIME fix for this issue? (I have no older JDK version to revert to on my Macs)

(As further information: ... )

1.6.0_31 pending release from Apple does not fix this issue, so this seems like more impetus that it should get fixed in the KNIME code base.

I don't think we will be able to fix it in KNIME since we are doing nothing wrong. It only happens on Mac and only since one of the latest releases. I agree it's an awkward situation and we hope that with openjdk 7 it will go away. But there are other issues with this...

I see no older Java versions other than 1.6.0_29 in my computer, since it's a brand new laptop.

Strangely, I have not been able to find a decent way to install previous Java versions on Mac OS X Lion.  Some articles mention a hacky way to install Java 1.5, but I'm not sure if this is the way I want (or need) to go.

Has any of you guys had this problem and would be able to help me out? What are my options here?

Unfortunately, we are not aware of an official way for installing previous java versions either. But good news on this topic: We are currently testing a workaround that avoids these problems which looks very promising. (Thanks to quaeler for pointing us in this direction!) Probably we can resolve the issue with the next bugfix release.

In the meantime I'll contact you for a temporary solution.

Good news! We have fixed this problem with KNIME 2.5.4 (http://knime.org/about/news/knime-version-254-released).

I just installed the Java Update 005 and now I'm experiencing freezes with KNIME. I'm not 100 % sure if it was really caused by this updated, but I strongly suspect, as I did not have any stability issues before (OS 10.7.4).

Same problems anybody?