Java Edit Variable node - executed NOT according to workflow order

Hi KNIMEler,
I’m using KNIME 4.2.1 on a WINDOWS machine. When using ‘JAVA Edit Nodes’ I observed that the code snippet is executed not according to the WF order. It seems to me, that the execution is triggered by some (i) ‘initialization’ event at early stages of a WF execution (ii) and/or when closing the changed node.

Sample:

• Create a WF with: ‘Table Creator’ (1 row, 1 column) ->'Table Row to Variable’->‘JAVA Edit Variable’ (having the stmt. this.logError(“Hello World”);`)
  • Closing the node with ‘OK’ or ‘Apply’ triggers the execution of the code -> ‘Hello World’ appears in the Console.
  • Executing the ‘Table Row To Variable’ node (the precessor of the JAVA Edit Node) triggers the execution of the code -> ‘Hello World’ appears in the Console.

Best
Erich

Hi @Erich_Gstrein -

Did you try checking the “Run only on execution” box at the bottom left of the node configuration dialog? The node description pane describes this option in a bit more detail.

3 Likes

Hi @ScottF
Yes, this flag solves my problem.
Although working since years with KNIME – intensively using all JAVA nodes – I have never seen/recognized this flag :slight_smile: :anguished:

Thx,
Erich

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.