java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/knime/core/node/workflow/VariableType in Eclipse SDK

Hi Team,

When I start KNIME AP from my Eclipse IDE (Eclipse 2021-3 and KNIME 4.3.3), I see the below error. Any help would be appreciated. In my sdk, I have setup the KNIME-AP-complete.target. Actually this happens randomly. My sdk setup was working all these days but suddenly throwing the below error now.

Exception in thread "Thread-6" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/knime/core/node/workflow/VariableType
	at com.schrodinger.knime.util.NodeUtils.<clinit>(NodeUtils.java:136)
	at com.schrodinger.knime.util.MAEFileUtils.exec(MAEFileUtils.java:5168)
	at com.schrodinger.knime.util.MAEFileUtils.exec(MAEFileUtils.java:5117)
	at com.schrodinger.knime.util.MAEFileUtils.checkLicense(MAEFileUtils.java:7436)
	at com.schrodinger.knime.util.PythonService.startService(PythonService.java:270)
	at com.schrodinger.knime.util.PythonService.lambda$0(PythonService.java:129)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.knime.core.node.workflow.VariableType cannot be found by com.schrodinger.knime.base_21.3.87.qualifier
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:464)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:171)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
	... 7 more

Thanks
Ravikiran

Hi @ravikiran

Did you by chance use the same eclipse workspace with both the KNIME 4.4.0 and 4.3.3 target platform? This might lead to strange effects like this one. Alternatively did you maybe set a much older target platform? The VariableType was released with 2019-12 / 4.1.0.

best,
Gabriel

No for both.
Actually, recreating my eclipse sdk setup from scratch worked. Looks like some transient corruption in my eclipse.

Thanks
Ravikiran

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.