Jpython load error w/2.1.0

Dear KNIMErs,

Separate issue, separate post: KNIME 2.1.0 won’t load my JPython nodes which were once created in 1.3.3 (and stayed OK up to 2.0.3). Accordingly, I lose many of the following nodes. If you fancy a look at the error messages, here they are:

ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: DataLoadError: Workflow Manager 0:2 ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Unable to load node with ID suffix 28 into workflow, skipping it: Unable to load factory class "org.knime.ext.jep.JEPNodeFactory" ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Unable to load node with ID suffix 35 into workflow, skipping it: Unable to load factory class "org.knime.ext.jep.JEPNodeFactory" ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Unable to load node with ID suffix 36 into workflow, skipping it: Unable to load factory class "org.knime.ext.sun.nodes.script.JavaScriptingNodeFactory" ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Unable to load node with ID suffix 48 into workflow, skipping it: Unable to load factory class "org.knime.ext.r.node.local.RLocalScriptingNodeFactory" ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Unable to load node with ID suffix 49 into workflow, skipping it: Unable to load factory class "org.knime.ext.r.node.local.RLocalViewsNodeFactory" ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Unable to load node with ID suffix 51 into workflow, skipping it: Unable to load factory class "org.knime.ext.jython.PythonScript11NodeFactory" ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Unable to load node with ID suffix 73 into workflow, skipping it: Unable to load factory class "org.knime.ext.jython.PythonScript11NodeFactory" ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Unable to load node with ID suffix 74 into workflow, skipping it: Unable to load factory class "org.knime.ext.jython.PythonScript11NodeFactory" ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Unable to load node with ID suffix 75 into workflow, skipping it: Unable to load factory class "org.knime.ext.jython.PythonScript11NodeFactory" ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Unable to load node with ID suffix 76 into workflow, skipping it: Unable to load factory class "org.knime.ext.jython.PythonScript11NodeFactory" ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Unable to load node with ID suffix 77 into workflow, skipping it: Unable to load factory class "org.knime.ext.jython.PythonScript11NodeFactory" ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Unable to load node with ID suffix 78 into workflow, skipping it: Unable to load factory class "org.knime.ext.jython.PythonScript11NodeFactory" ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Unable to load node with ID suffix 79 into workflow, skipping it: Unable to load factory class "org.knime.ext.jython.PythonScript11NodeFactory" ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Unable to load node with ID suffix 81 into workflow, skipping it: Unable to load factory class "org.knime.ext.jython.PythonScript11NodeFactory"

Any ideas? :frowning:

Thanks,
E.

FWIW, it won’t load Jpython nodes created with 2.1.0 either. :frowning:

E,

It looks like several plugins are not loaded at all. Do you see the nodes in the Node Repository or do these error message only come up during loading a workflow? Is anything meaningful inside Eclipse’s /.metadata/.log file?

Thorsten

Yeah, it looks like that was the problem - I uninstalled the CDK stuff (because I’m not much of a chemist anyway :-)), but I didn’t restart because of my KNIME launch issues (30+ minutes) that I had hoped to solve in the first place. So once I finally dared to go that route (restarting), the JPython/Jython/whatever nodes just loaded fine again.

Thanks,
E.

Odd thing was, by the way, that the nodes DID show in the Node Repository, but they simply wouldn’t work. Now they do. :slight_smile:

E.

Gah, I really hate it - they load now, but they won’t work:

ERROR JPython Script 1:1 Execute failed: ("NullPointerException"): null

That one did work properly in 3.0.5… :-/

.metadata/.log contains the following:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 4 0 2009-10-27 12:49:35.555 !MESSAGE Unable to find feature.xml in directory: H:\knime_2.1.0\features\org.knime.features.ext.jython.source_2.1.0.0023372.jar

!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 4 0 2009-10-27 12:49:35.571
!MESSAGE Unable to find feature.xml in directory: H:\knime_2.1.0\features\org.knime.features.ext.jython_2.1.0.0023372.jar

I’ll keep checking and get back to you!

Cheers,
E.

Needless to say that feature.xml is inside the jar file… ;-(

E.

Getting closer - seems it was installed twice? Now uninstalling one and re-starting, so you probably won’t hear from me before tomorrow. :wink:

E.