Kakfa node. SerializationException

I have a kafka consumer node trying to consume from a topic with data, when I try to consumer messages from the topic I get the following exception:

2019-09-30 14:12:46,759 : DEBUG : KNIME-Worker-3 : Node : Kafka Consumer : 2:3 : Execute failed: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.SerializationException: Size of data received by LongDeserializer is not 8

java.lang.Exception: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.SerializationException: Size of data received by LongDeserializer is not 8

at org.knime.kafka.node.consumer.KafkaConsumerNodeModel.execute(KafkaConsumerNodeModel.java:131)

at org.knime.core.node.NodeModel.executeModel(NodeModel.java:567)

at org.knime.core.node.Node.invokeFullyNodeModelExecute(Node.java:1186)

at org.knime.core.node.Node.execute(Node.java:973)

at org.knime.core.node.workflow.NativeNodeContainer.performExecuteNode(NativeNodeContainer.java:559)

at org.knime.core.node.exec.LocalNodeExecutionJob.mainExecute(LocalNodeExecutionJob.java:95)

at org.knime.core.node.workflow.NodeExecutionJob.internalRun(NodeExecutionJob.java:179)

at org.knime.core.node.workflow.NodeExecutionJob.run(NodeExecutionJob.java:110)

at org.knime.core.util.ThreadUtils$RunnableWithContextImpl.runWithContext(ThreadUtils.java:328)

at org.knime.core.util.ThreadUtils$RunnableWithContext.run(ThreadUtils.java:204)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at org.knime.core.util.ThreadPool$MyFuture.run(ThreadPool.java:123)

at org.knime.core.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:246)

Any Idea of the issue behind?

Thanks in advance,
Sergio

Hey @granocon

welcome to the community and please excuse my late response.

Could you please tell me what the structure of your records looks like? More precisely, is it a Number (Long), Text (String) pair and if so do you have records that contain null values?

Best
Mark