Knime 11 and Yosemite

Hi everybody,

I just installed Knime 2.11 on my Mac OSX Yosemite and the OSX tell me to use a java 1.6. On my system Java 8 is installed and I would like to use the both version of java, is there a risk to do it and how to create the write links on the system, what version of jre should I install etc ....

There is no clear answer or very old answers on the net to help me.

Please Help with previous links if they exist, explaine me how to link a new java jre to knime, etc ...,

François.

Hi François,

we are aware of this problem and tried to solve it previously. There is two solutions that you can try.

1. Locate the KNIME.app file. Usually you will find that in your "Applications" folder in a folder called "KNIME 2.11.x". Right or Cmd click it and select "Show Package Contents". Replace the Info.plist file with the one attached to this post (Rename attachment to Info.plist).
  2. If the first solution does not work, you can try the following. Download and install a current JDK 8. Then navigate to "/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_xx.jdk/Contents/" and open the Info.plist file with a text editor. Locate the following lines:
    <key>JVMCapabilities</key>
    <array>
       <string>CommandLine</string>
    </array>
    <p>and change it to:</p>

<pre class="brush:xml;">

<key>JVMCapabilities</key>
    <array>
    <string>CommandLine</string>
    <string>JNI</string>
    <string>BundledApp</string>
    <string>WebStart</string>
    <string>Applets</string>
    </array>

<p>Save the file and restart your computer. After that the error message should be gone.</p>
    </li>

Let me know if that worked for you.

Christian

Thanks a lot Christian, the first solution works with Knime 2.11.3 on Maverick. I have to check it on Yosemite now. I will update this thread.

Cheers, François.