Knime 2.10 - database connection

Hi,

I have installed the new version of knime and i have a problem with databases connections.

I need connections to Oracle and DB2. Inside the preferences i have set the two jar (ojdbc6.jar and db2jcc.jar the same files of the previous version). Inside KNIME_2.10.0\jre\lib\ext there are db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar,db2jcc_license_cu.jar,db2policy.jar. When i execute a Database Reader with Oracle i give:

WARN Database Reader Could not determine table spec from database query: jdbc:oracle:thin:@xx.xxx.xx.xx:xxxx:XXXX

With DB2:

WARN Database Reader Could not determine table spec from database query: DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-514, SQLSTATE=26501, SQLERRMC=SQL_CURLH200C1, DRIVER=3.59.81

514 is "The cursor is not a prepared statement"

With the version 2.94 i can execute the workflow without problems.

How can i resolve it?

Thanks

There is a bug in retrieving the database metadata for some proprietary databases. It will be fixed in 2.10.1. You can work around it by unchecking "Retrieve metadata during configure" in the Database Connector node.

Thanks

I have the same problem with "database table selector".

I haven't the checkbox to jump the configure. If i set the variable exec_without_configure with the string "true" it doesn't work

Oh i'm sorry i have misunderstanding the previous post.

With Database Reader:

check the option Run Sql query only during execute in Settings (Works)

With  Database table Connector:

I have tried:

retrieveMetadataInConfigure to false/true

validateConnection to true/false

execute_without_configure to true/false

Error -104 of db2

My manual of db2 don't reports this error code...

With Database table selector:

I have tried:

retrieveMetadataInConfigure to false/true

validateConnection to true/false

execute_without_configure to true/false

Error -514 of db2 (the same error of the database reader solved with the checkbox Run Sql query only during execute)

I have updated the driver db2 but the problem remain.

Are there other db2 users with the same problem?

The option "Run SQL query only during execute, skips configure" is only available in the Database Reader node. Do you encounter the same problem when this option is checked?

Database reader without to check this option has error -514

Instead it works fine when i checked "Run SQL query only during execute, skips configure"

Database table connector and database table selector don't have this option.

I can only edit the flow variables and these two nodes don't work with all the combinations of true/false in retrieveMetadataInConfigure/validateConnection/execute_without_configure

This problem is only on DB2, Oracle works

Are there other people with my problem on db2?

Please read the second post in this thread.

Database connector works fine when i check or uncheck Retrieve metadata in configure.

Now i need to make a query and the database table selector doesn't work.

I must wait the next version...

I have just installed 2.10.1 version and error remains.

WARN 	 Database Reader               	 Could not determine table spec from database query: null

Check the option "Run SQL query only during execute, skips configure" returns the following error:

ERROR	 Database Reader               	 Execute failed: java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.NullPointerException

This looks like a different problem. Can you send the stacktrace from the log file?

My problem with the new version is resolved =)