KNIME 2.12 Technology Preview - Feedback requested!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm positive that we'll get this fixed as the product seems to be working fine now (Do you need an SDK now? - maybe uninstall the distance matrix extension.)

Gabor: can you check the stack trace: It seems it's doing some UI initialization when it shouldn't:

at org.knime.base.distance.bytevector.PNormDistanceMeasureFactory.<init>(PNormDistanceMeasureFactory.java:76)

(Maybe a lazy init is better here.)

- Bernd

It might be caused by that. I could not reproduce it (Windows 7 x64, might be race condition), though I provided a patch that should avoid that code path. I hope things will work well for the release.

The new XPATH node is so helpful! 

(I was testing the second preview on a Windows 7 64 bit machine.)

On each update/install a feature (for example from the community contributions nightlies), the installation successfully done, but upon the restart, I get exceptions like in this gist and KNIME fails to start. Starting again works well, so it might be just some initialiyation race condition, but it seems to be quite reproducible. I suspect an event handler in org.knime.workbench.editor2.editparts.NodeAnnotationEditPart was expecting a kind of a clean state, but there was something left during restart. Hope this helps narrowing down the problem.

Just wanted to add some more information here. We got together in the team and made a decision to not have KNIME 2.12 on Eclipse 4 and Java 8 just yet. Although overall it's all working OK there are few little details that need fixing. Also we'd like to wait for Eclipse 4.5 to be released as this will address some of the HiDPI issues.

So now it's on for the December release, though we might consider a parallel release before that also.

Will keep you posted.