KNIME 2.4.0 extremely slow workflow

Hi! I am a new Knime user and I have been generating some workflows. It happened that for one of the workflows I have generated, knime is performing extremely slowly. Not only the processing of the data but even every single click I do in the program when working with this particular workflow (i.e. for selecting one node, or for configuring a node) is going very very slowly.

I am working with knime 2.4.0 in a MacBook Pro computer.

Thinking that there might be a incompatibility issue with Mac I move the workflow to a PC where I just installed the last version of knime and is also giving me the same problems.

About the workflow: it has quite a few XSL reader nodes and other nodes that are mainly joining different tables.

I will appreciate any comment to make this work

Thanks

Try increasing the java heap space:

http://tech.knime.org/faq#q4_2

Let us know if that makes any difference.

(the other) Simon

Not only the processing of the data but even every single click I do in the program when working with this particular workflow (i.e. for selecting one node, or for configuring a node) is going very very slowly.

I had a similar issue, with this sentence in particular matching my experience very closely. I tried increasing the Java heap size, and that sped things up a tiny bit but there was still this huge latency for very simple actions (selecting a node, etc) that didn't seem like they would be caused by memory issues.

Eventually I gave up Googling for KNIME performance fixes and started focusing on Eclipse, which led me to a suggestion to delete the contents of the knime/workspace/.metadata folder as a fix to corrupted workspace issues. That fixed my problem immediately.

Hopefully this can help other people. KNIME had been working well, and then a couple of days before this deadline it just started being incredibly, unusably slow. It's been a stressful 24 hours coping with this and I'm so happy to have found an easy fix for it.

1 Like

Thanks for this tip, eventhough you reanimated a dead thread.

Hi,

I’m having this issue now. Can you explain which files you deleted from .metadata please?

Thanks

See here for following @Nancyjay’s issues:

Closing old topic.