KNIME 3.6 slow POS tagger performance

After upgrading to KINME 3.6 the POS tagger node in my workflow takes 4x - 5x longer than it did in 3.5. I haven’t made any changes other than upgrading KNIME, rolling back to 3.5 has fixed the issue. Any ideas on how to fix the issue would be appreciated, thanks!

Best Regards

Hi @mwilliams,

I just gave this a try and couldn’t reproduce it - for me, execution time of the POS Tagger is roughly the same between 3.5 and 3.6. Did you perform an update, or did you use a fresh installation of 3.6?

Cheers,
Roland

Hi Roland,

I performed an update from 3.5. Let me try a fresh install of 3.6 and see if I can replicate the issue. Thanks for the help!

Best Regards

HI Roland,

I tried a fresh copy of KNIME 3.6 with the same issue. My original workflow was being run on an Ubuntu 16.04 server, I tried the same workflow on my Windows workstation with the same result. I should point out I’m processing somewhat large documents - between 5k and 10k words. I’m using the OpenNLP English Word Tolkenizer. Thanks for the help!

Best Regards

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.