Knime 4.3.2 crashing at the start

I have this kinds of problem that after starting knime 4.3.2 on windows 10, by clicking on anything (for example workflow or workflow groups) knime will crash and not responding. After that I need to end the process via task manger and open it again but the same problem will happen again. I have also investigated the log and I have this message:

!MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred. They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.

I was wondering how this problem can be solved. Thanks in advance.

Hello @baharehdm,

and welcome to KNIME Community!

Is this new or updated KNIME installation? Can you check your log files? Hopefully there’ll be some info about crash. Please make sure to put log level to DEBUG.
(This is done within KNIME if you go File --> Preferences --> KNIME)

Here is location of log files to check next time crash occurs:

• ...\knime-workspace\.metadata\knime\knime.log
  • ...\knime-workspace\.metadata\.log

If sharing logs here please make sure to exclude sensitive data, if any.

Br,
Ivan

Hi,

This is a new installation. The log with debug mode is attached. Thanks.
log_knime.txt (325.5 KB)

Hello @baharehdm,

tnx for log file. Will check it. Can you also share the second one I mentioned?

Additionally two more questions. Crashing is only related to KNIME Explorer clicking/navigation? And is there something specific about your workspace location?

Br,
Ivan

Hi,

The second log is attached. Regarding your questions:
Crashes are related to clicking on workflows in knime explorer but I have recently noticed that sometimes after working abit with knime the crash can happen as well. I have noticed that the crash is happening many times at the start and It can happen randomly while working with workflow as well.
About the workspace location I am using the default location when launching knime for example this is my workspace location:
Drive:\Users\username\knime-workspace

Thanks.
log.log (210.8 KB)

Hello @baharehdm.

tnx for log file and additional explanations. According to log this is old workspace as entries date from May 2020 so something might gone wrong there so I would first try following actions to fix it:

• start KNIME with -clean parameter (see here)
  • if that doesn’t help change workspace
  • if none of above two points don’t change this behavior reinstall and make sure to choose different workspace than current one

Br,
Ivan

Hello @ipazin

Thank you for providing the possible solutions to solve this problem. I will try with these and in case there was still problem I will come back to you.

Br,
Bahareh

1 Like

I am having the same issue and nothing seems to be working.

Kindly help

Hello @abuimt,

and welcome to KNIME Community!

Can you share more details? What KNIME version are you using? What OS are you running? Do you have aggressive antivirus program perhaps? Did this started happening after KNIME was working as expected for some time or you never managed to get it going? And if no answer to above questions help us determine the cause can you share log files from above mentioned locations with us?

Br,
Ivan

Log file.log (798.1 KB) @ipazin

Thank you for the welcome :slight_smile:

I am using KNIME 4.3.2 on a windows 10. It worked perfectly for a long time and suddenly stopped working. please see the attached log file.

Hello @abuimt,

have checked log file but nothing seems odd. My looks the same. When does KNIME exactly crash? Upon starting or after working with it for a while or?

Also you only shared one log file. Can you share the second one as well?

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.