KNIME Analytics Platform 4.4 // Dynamic Data Apps

Hi,

thank you very much for the KNIME update… which targets one important point from my side of view: Dynamic Data Apps with the possibility to refresh the nodes within a component. A great feature!!

But… I observered a strange behaviour within the Chromium Embedded Framework browser.

The widget, which has the focus, is enlarged and a mouse click does not point to the position of the mouse pointer.

For my “experiment” I have used the workflow from KNIME Hub (10_Single_Page_Data_App_Browser…).

I am using a Win10 computer with 12 GB RAM for KNIME.

Do you have any hint for me?

Best regards,

Jürgen

2 Likes

Hi Jürgen,

we are aware of this problem the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) has with high-DPI devices on Windows. We unfortunately weren’t able to fix the issue in time before the release and are still working on a solution. We expect the issue to be fixed with the next bugfix release, i.e. 4.4.1.

I’m unfortunately not aware of any workaround you could employ for the time being.

Hope you’ll enjoy the new release despite the issue. We do our best to solve the problem and will keep you posted once it is.

Best,
Martin

4 Likes

Hi Martin,

thank you very much for your fast reply…

Best regards,

Jürgen

PS: I enjoy every new update of KNIME … for years now …

3 Likes

Hi,

reducing the resolution to 1600:900 solves the issue…

Best regards,

Jürgen

1 Like

Hello @Juergen, I just want to let you know that the latest version (4.4.1) of KNIME Analytics Platform now contains a fix for the problem you brought up here. You can either download it from here or just update your KNIME Analytics Platform (Menu > File > Update KNIME …).

Best,
Martin

6 Likes

Hello Martin,

Thank you very much… I have just updated my version and it works fine.

Best regards,
Jürgen

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.