Knime Analytics Platform V.3.6 error in Batch Mode

I am not seeing the traceback in KNIME 3.7.0. Could anyone else please confirm?

Hi, my workflow also crashes due to that warning. Do you have a solution yet please?
I launch it from command prompt:
knime.exe -consoleLog -nosplash -consoleLog -nosave -reset -preferences=“D:\Users\XXX\knime-workspace\XXX.epf” -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflowDir=“C:\Users\Public\Documents\XXX_2019-01-02v2” -destFile=“C:\Users\Public\Documents\tested.zip”

The workflows goes ok until:
ADVERTENCIA: Aries Blueprint packages not available. So namespaces will not be registered
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/aries/blueprint/NamespaceHandler

Thanks!

As other people have mentioned, this is a common, and non-application-crashing log message - i see it as well, launching from the development environment and not. Unless your specific workflow actually uses nodes which use Blueprint classes directly, i don’t believe it is very likely that this is the source of your workflow crash. Could you supply the whole log from your failed run?

From what I have seen, this error doesn’t happen if you launch the KNIME GUI at some point after you installed it on the machine. In a headless environment obviously that isn’t an option. You should be able to reproduce it by installing knime on the environment and trying to run it in batch mode without ever launching the actual GUI.

EDIT: And yes, this still happens in 3.7

Hi! Thanks for such a quick answer. I removed a node that was not active nor connected but still, printing “ERROR” what was surely the cause of a bad log message.
Seems it works in spite of this error!

2 Likes

Its bad news if this issue is still present in 3.7. It floods our logfiles and is annoying as hell. I was hoping they fix that bug in 3.7 :frowning:

This is not a KNIME issue per se; Apache libraries which are a dependency of something, on which KNIME depends, have a bug that was fixed in a newer version ( see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-7142 ). At some point KNIME will be able to migrate to a newer version of the dependency which will hopefully move the CXF dependency (currently on 3.0.7) to a fixed version.

Did anyone find a solution how to fix this?

I got the information that this behavior is related to a problem with a third party dependency, as quaeler pointed out. Since this dependency is fixed already, I would assume KNIME is using the fixed version soon and then its solved. Maybe KNIME can comment on that.

I tested today version 3.7.1 the issues is still here

How to deal with this problem? Steal present in version 3.7

I’m not aware of any time line for the dependency to get updated in KAP.

I realize that it is ugly text noise that needs to be ignored, but is there a problem beyond that for you?

It would be great if this “ugly text noise” would vanish asap, since its hard to simply ignore it if it appears everywhere in the logs and make everything more complicated and always causing the impression to everyone who has to look at (and don’t know already) there is a big problem underneath.

(Take two…) There are two loggers at play when running KNIME in batch mode; first is the ‘standard’ Java logger, and then sometime later the log4j logger comes online.

You can tell both of these loggers to not emit anything related to the CXF Blueprint unless it is a highest-level error message (these messages appear to be coming from a level below that - WARN/WARNING.) I’m attaching a configuration file for each logger; in your Knime.ini file add these two lines:

-Djava.util.logging.config.file=/some/absolute/path/silence_blueprint_log.properties
-Dlog4j.configuration=/some/absolute/path/silence_blueprint_log4j.xml

silence_blueprint_logger_configs.zip (2.7 KB)

3 Likes

Hi KNIME Team,

By any chance is this CFX Blueprint error logs resolved with KNIME 4.2 as the eclipse version has been upgraded?

Thanks
Ravikiran

I still see this error in batch mode for v4.2.

1 Like

Maybe solved in 4.3 :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,

is this the error you guys are referring to? Has anyone managed to have a solution too as unfortunately, I’m in the same scenario even with the latest version of KNIME.

BUMP! Is nobody using KNIME in btach mode on windows then? Because this seems to be a showstopper for me