Knime and .net

Dear all,

I’d like to “combine” a C#/.net program with KNIME. Is it possible to somehow “trigger” events in Knime without having to use the GUI? E. g. Start a loaded program, reset a loaded program or even exchange values etc…

In theory I could use batch mode but that starts the program every time and I’d like to avoid that. Knime should run in the background and triggered by a C# program. Exchanging values would be a bonus :-)

Any idea where to start?

Thanks a lot,

Flo

Hi Flo,

you could use the KNIME Server and the REST API.

If you wish to stay Open Source and not use the batch mode that pretty much leaves you with workarounds. ;-) You could use the "Wait..." node (Node Repository -> Workflow Control -> Automation -> Wait...) and a trigger file written from you C# program to avoid having to start up KNIME before running a workflow. Exchanging values would then also work via file transfer (or DB access or ...) I suppose.

Good luck,

Johannes

Thank you a lot for answering.

The solution with the wait node sounds great but I couldn’t manage to combine it with the loop nodes …

What I am trying to achieve is: Every time a text file in a folder is changed I’d like to load images from an folder, do some analysis on them and save a result in another txt file. Basically infinitely/many many times …

So what I tried is an Interval Loop start  node which gets a table from list files (from the image folder), than an image reader (table )with analysis nodes and at the end a csv writer node. Finally Loop End. But where do I insert the wait node ?

OK nerver mind I needed a second loop for the wait node :-)

Working great now thanks a lot.