Knime Cli Issue

Hello
I am running the following command in a Linux environment

knime -nosplash -reset -consoleLog -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION
-workflowDir=/XYZ/XYZ_Allocations_File
-workflow.variable=a_transfers_filename,ALL_PAYMENTS_A_TRANSFERS_MAY_2022.xls,String
-workflow.variable=b_transfers_filename,ALL_PAYMENTS_B_MAY_2022.xls,String

When it executes I get a bunch of errors:

• first of all, the file names that I am sending doesn’t get recognized. Here I am sending the file ..._MAY_2022.xls but during run time its looking for ..._APRIL_2022.xls which i was using in the GUI.
  • I also get a bunch of warning
|WARN | KNIME-Worker-8-Call Workflow Service 0:123 Node| No data object set from calling workflow (via external API)|
|---|---|---|
|WARN | KNIME-Worker-8-Call Workflow Service 0:123 Node| No data object set from calling workflow (via external API)|
|WARN | KNIME-Worker-8-Call Workflow Service 0:123 Node| No such variable salaries_af_filename of type STRING|
|WARN | KNIME-Worker-11-Call Workflow Service 0:121 Node| Errors overwriting node settings with flow variables: Unknown variable roles_file_path|
|WARN | KNIME-Worker-11-Call Workflow Service 0:121 Node| No such variable datadir of type STRING|
|WARN | KNIME-Worker-13-Workflow Service Input 4:124 Node| Errors overwriting node settings with flow variables: Unknown variable roles_file_path|
|WARN | KNIME-Worker-6-Workflow Service Input 4:140 Node| Errors overwriting node settings with flow variables: Unknown variable roles_file_path|
|WARN | KNIME-Worker-6-String to Path (Variable) 4:107 Node| The node configuration changed and the table spec will be recalculated during execution.|
|WARN | KNIME-Worker-8-Call Workflow Service 0:123 Node| No such variable incentives_filename of type STRING|
|WARN | KNIME-Worker-2-Call Workflow Service 0:122 Node| No data object set from calling workflow (via external API)|
|WARN | KNIME-Worker-2-Call Workflow Service 0:122 Node| No data object set from calling workflow (via external API)|
|WARN | KNIME-Worker-8-Call Workflow Service 0:123 Node| No such variable salaries_filename of type STRING|
  • Finally, the flow is not able to find the file in the correct path. Getting a bunch of File Does not exists

Hi @masterrom and welcome to the Knime Community.

Can you show us the errors that you are getting? What you’ve shown so far are just warnings, and some warnings are “normal” because some nodes need to execute before other nodes, or some variables are not created yet when you start the workflow. These warnings do not break the workflow.

Sounds like a case where you are trying to pass some values to some variables within the workflow, but not to the Workflow Flow Variables.

Can you show us how the variables a_transfers_filename and b_transfers_filename are defined/created? I am 99.9999% that they’re not workflow variables, and that they’re instead flow variables declared/defined within the workflow and pointing to the ..._APRIL_2022.xls file. Otherwise, the workflow variable does not expect to have a default value.

You can see and define the workflow variables by right-clicking on your workflow, and choose Workflow Variables from the sub menu:

So, these are the variables whose values you set in the command line with the option -workflow.variable.

1 Like

This is the workflow variables dialog which I see for the workflow I am trying to execute.

I am calling the Call workflow service node a bunch of time within the flow. Do you suspect that the functionality is not yet available in the CLI for that right now?

Here are the logs
logs.txt (103.4 KB)

Which always seems to exit with code 4. I suspect there might be some Java config issue but could’nt find anything.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.