Knime on mac with retina display

Hi,

after installing knime onto a mac with retina display, the resolution in knime looks terrible with jaggedness and ghosting around the text.  Is there a setting to change here or is it a bug?

the display looks much worse than a computer with a non-retina display.

thanks.

simon.

Nice upgrade?

I haven't tried this myself (no retina displays here) but:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=382972#c4

That workaround should help.  Be sure not to forget to copy the app back and forth to force a re-read of the plist options. Also, report back either way I am curious if this works.  Maybe I will need to pick up a test machine...

Best,

Aaron

Ooooo, now that does look really nice now.

As you say, I had to make a copy of the KNIME app first, delete original, and rename the copy back to original name before changes came into effect. Now everything looks super smooth!!

BTW, its a very nice update. I could take Windows no longer so took the plunge to a Mac, so I am very much a Mac novice at the moment.! I find myself not waiting around forever anymore.

But dont take my word for it that the fix has worked. I recommend getting hold of a Retina display Mac just to be sure ;-)

Simon.

Welcome to the dark side!

Just a quick remark. You do not need to move the KNIME app around. Just execute 

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -v -f /Path/2/Knime.app

in Terminal. e.g.

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -v -f /Applications/knime/Knime.app/

Cheers,
Stephan

Great tip Stephan, thanks!

This worked for me as well! Thanks!