KNIME on SSD

Hi all,

I just bought external ssd and would like to put the workspace in it including knime installation. Would it become something problematic if i put knime installation and workspace in difference place than windows OS? is there any input to make it more efficient ?

Regards,

Hi @hitorijanai
My experience: I use the Knime installation on the C-drive and my workspace on a networkdrive. Probably I loose something in performance becasue of this, but for the rest everything works okay.
I gain automatic backups on the networkdrive, which was for me the reason to swithc my workspace to it.

2 Likes

what is important ist that the file system of the drive would support the special characters that KNIME likes to use like #. Also the connection should be fast in order not to loose any data and slow down the performance - so it should be USB 3.0 or USB-C.

And keep in mind there is also the temporary storage of data stored in the workflows.

2 Likes

From my past experience of putting DB on USB drive is a bad idea. You may have an issue with process switching. Say you want to stop WF. USB may not stop in a reasonable time.
Even with regular save WF operation you may have surprises. Say you closed KNIME and disconnect USB drive. Save process may not be finished.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.