Knime PCA node convergence failed

Hi everyone, I am trying to use the PCA node to reduce the number of features. I did that with several datasets. However, I am trying to do the same with this dataset and it is impossible to get the node working, and I do not understand the reason.

The fail is the following: “ERROR PCA 0:2 Execute failed: illegal state: convergence failed”

The flow is quite simple, CSV reader followed by a PCA node and the execution fails. The database is the following: bd.csv.zip (723.1 KB)

Thanks in advance.

Hi @krosis and welcome to the KNIME world,

I was successful executing your setup, however I would suggest to use a “File reader”-Node in order to read the csv-file. Perhaps, the configuration of the table in the first step differs.

Workflow attached…
Z_005_pca.knwf (20.6 KB)

Greetz, Tommy

2 Likes

Thank you very much @tommy, It seems that the newer version of the PCA node works in another way, because in the attached workflow I used your node and the newer node and the newer fails again. However, you helped me a lot. I can continue with my research using deprecated nodes.

Z_005_pca.knwf (29.4 KB)

1 Like

Hi! I have the same issue using knime 4.0.2. I can’t realize where the problem is.
If I use a few columns (~50) it works, but with more columns It fails. I’m using PCA to reduce the number of features.
I attached workflow and data.

Thanks in advance

users_and_tables.knwf (72.7 KB)
users_tables_count.csv.zip (17.4 KB)

4.0.1 the same error.
3.7.2 works excellent.

Thanks for your response @hugobellomusto, I forgot to post in my first message the knime version that I am using. I am using the version 4.0.2. Hence, it seems a bug or that something is wrong with this node. We can use like @tommy used in his workflow the deprecated node of PCA, but would be nice to solve this issue. I do not know if I need to open a ticket to bugs or if the knime staff will read this post, any idea?

Hey everybody -

Thanks for letting us know about the issue with the PCA node. Let me do a little digging and see what I can find out.

EDIT: I was able to reproduce the problem, and filed a ticket. We’ll update this thread when a developer has had a chance to review the issue. Thanks again!

3 Likes

I must give thanks to the users’ answers, but besides thanks to knime staff, because the staff did a great tool. I came from weka and the improvement to make my research using knime was incredible.

I’ll be watching for news from you about this thread.

2 Likes

Hey Scott,

Are there any news on this issue?

Hi @gnime -

This ticket is actively being worked on, but I don’t have an ETA for you yet. Stay tuned.

@krosis,

thx for reporting this issue. The problem has been fixed as part of our 4.1.0 release.

2 Likes

Hi Mark,

Thanks for resolving the problem so quickly.

Is there already a date for release 4.1.0?

1 Like

Hi there @gnime,

Sure there is. Today. Just released :slight_smile:

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Thank you for solve this problem!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.