Knime Protocol to store file temporarily

Hello Team,
Afternoon.
I am running into a challenge.
Run Query on DB, Get results.
Need to download an Excel file (which has prebuilt pivot table based on data tab) from Google drive (template location)
Update the file data tab with the results from query
Upload on the google drive for client folder with modified data and file name.

So avoiding file to be stored locally etc…
Now the challenge is using KNIME Protocol …
I tried saving file locally using Excel Sheet Appender. It works with KNIME protocol but Download does not…

Excel Appender Node

But when I use “Download” node, it does not.

Here is the error

I don’t know what is the problem.
Can someone guide me ?

Eventually, I want to publish this flow to knime server and schedule it… so that it can run without any dependency on local file system.

Thanks
Shah

Hi @ss_123,

knime:// protocol is not yet supported in the Download node. As discussed:

You can follow @ipazin’s suggestion as a workaround in the second topic:

:blush:

4 Likes

Sorry for the trouble @ss_123. I’ve added this topic as a +1 in our tracking system (internal reference: AP-12661) to give the issue a boost.

3 Likes

Thank you Scott / Armin for quick response.
I figured another solution. However, once I finally laid out my workflow to download file, update it from query etc, I ran into another problem.
But since it is related to Google Drive, I think I should use another post/question, so it can be properly tagged.

Thank you both again,
SS

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @ss_123,

challenge you have should be solved now as from KNIME version 4.3. there is Transfer Files node that is able to download files using relative path. Check out here for more:

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes