KNIME run problem 2 ...

Dear knimers, please help me.
After I shut down my machine working on one knime workflow and then, when I got back to continue my work, I suddenly realize that I cannot run KNIME anymore with following message attached down - this is second time, after I switch to new version of KNIME (5.2) - first was publish with title KNIME run problem … - that I jumping into unexplenable situation for me - what I am doing wrong? or is it something willy unconfortable with this new version of KNIME in my environment? Please, help me.
Windows 11
No stanalone java platform.
Antivirus is exclude on knime process and folders.
1710096759623.log (242.3 KB)

Hi,
Have you tried to download KNIME completely fresh from our website and then run that version? From the log file, it seems like your plugins are messed up, for some reason I can’t explain.
Kind regards,
Alexander

For some reason it tries to start with an old Java version (1.8.0_302). Can you have a look at the contents of the knime.ini whether it points to an old Java installation? Also where on your system would a Java 8 installation be?

Thanks Aleksandar for your response.
For some reason, of course, I can’t explain it neither :wink: - I hoped that you guys will find solution - I mean, this is second time that it happend on that way - KNIME (5.2) suddnely refuse to run that I can not find what I am doing wrong in same time.
Hopefully? I have to uninstall KNIME, included Eclipse Temurin, than install KNIME again with whole bunch of exstensions, geting KNIME back - this is kind of uncomfortable situation for me.

Thanks Thor for your response.
I can’t find Java installation on my system (loking in: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features) - I have it on my machine earlier, but it was before I install it KNIME ver. 5.2.
I will sent to you and knime.ini file too (I change extension to txt
knime.txt (2.2 KB)
).

Somwhere on your system there has to be an older Java version. Can you search for java.exe or jvm.dll in your computer?

I first search for: java.exe on C:\ and I find this: javaws.exe in my folder C:\Windows\System32

I found java.dll in following folders:

1. C:\Program Files\KNIME\plugins\org.knime.binary.jre.win32.x86_64_17.0.5.20221116\jre\bin
  2. C:\Program Files\JabRef\runtime\bin
  3. C:\Program Files\RapidMiner\RapidMiner Studio\jre\bin
  4. C:\Program Files\Angry IP Scanner\jre\bin
  5. C:\Program Files\RapidMiner\RapidMiner5\jre\bin

I found java.exe in same folders as java.dll.

And I forgot to mention that earlier - I recently uninstall: Eclipse Temurin which brought to me possibility to successfully install KNIME on system after it refuse to run before that.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.